Sunday, April 3, 2016

Legal music in my video!

Hello again.  Two blog  posts in one night as I type while listening to the first NY Mets game of the season.  They're down 2-0 to the World Series Champion Royals.  Its "deja vu all over again", as Yogi used to say.  Nevertheless it is SO GOOD to have baseball back!  Spring is definitely here!  This is also evidenced by the blooming of a hardy crocus in our Minnesota back yard.


I talked about my experience with copyrighted audio in YouTube videos in my previous post.  I mentioned finding a site that offers free music that avoids that issue.  Taking advantage of this service, I uploaded another video with musical background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx-1O9FBwvc

I'll probably do this again and perhaps alternate between train sounds and music while describing train movements on the Kings Port Division.   If you watched the video above you got a glimpse at the "Virtual Ops" I've been running with John.   This idea was inspired by an arrangement Allen McClelland's V&O had with other members of the so called "Lichen Belt" model railroads.  I heard that they would set up identical trains and dispatch them in and out of staging, notifying each other by phone in real time so the trains' twins in the other basement could seem to "arrive" on the other layout.   

We don't do this with entire trains or in real time, but we do "send" each other several cars that have orders to be set out at industries on our respective layouts.  I'll go into this in more detail in future posts but the video above provides a brief visual explanation of what we're doing.   Its been a lot of fun and has also motivated both of us to initiate layout improvements for better operations and visuals as we photograph and video the action.

More to come!

Meanwhile the Mets are working on a come back as the score is 4-3...but I gotta get to bed.  Work week starts tomorrow.  Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the video and the explanation of the virtual ops. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete