Sunday, September 16, 2018

Lots of Penn Central Trains at Kings Port

Hi everyone.

Just a quick post about four trains I set up for continuous running on my layout in anticipation of friends visiting during a Labor Day weekend bar-B-Q we held.  

I arranged the trains to be ready in case folks asked to see the layout.  Non-modelers enjoy watching trains roll by more than observing switching moves.  As it turned out we spent lots of time outside during a beautiful late Summer day and never went down to the basement,.  Still, I thought I'd film the trains in action for this short video.


Thanks for taking a look!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice video! I love the sound effects. Great coal train at the end. Your guests have no idea what they missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neal! I filmed the trains for posterity even though they weren't witnessed in person. I have other film clips but the way the trains passed each other in this one seemed so well timed I thought to make a movie of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to start the day!!!! If Sir Neal and I were there we would have found several reasons to disappear to the train room with plates of food to sustain us. Nice display of PC power and trains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was cool! Were they all on a single throttle? ( I'm a DC guy myself)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! The first three were all running on one throttle while the final coal train was on a second power pack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great action Ralph!!! Thanks for thinking of your virtual fans with the video. Always fun to see the PC action on the Kings Port Division!

    ReplyDelete